Friday, April 10, 2009

QB Draft Preview


I don't endorse magazines, but I'll give kudos to The Sporting News for their NFL Draft Preview issue this year. There is a very good article on QB's and advice from former 1st rounders that have had their share of "hard knocks" along the way.
Most of the quarterback's advice seemed to focus on more study and time commitment to learning more about the team's offense or how to read defenses.
I was a 4th round pick, but can agree with those guys and say if I had it to do over, I would have spent many more hours in the film room learning the subtleties (that means the little things) of the game. Arm strength is a great thing to have, but knowing where to throw the ball with confidence (even when things are breaking down around you) is the biggest key to success.

No comments: